[imp] Unsolveable problem with "Folders"

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 5 19:39:52 PST 2003

Quoting Tony Earnshaw <tonni at billy.demon.nl>:

> For all users but one (out of about 10), clicking on the yellow
> "Folders" choice above left in the Imp main menu hangs the whole
> machine.

You have your folders prefix set wrong in your horde/imp/config/servers.php
file.  The one user who works okay has folder subscriptions on.  The fix
is to correctly set the folder path.

> Symptoms: httpd takes 99+% of processor power, Ethereal shows repeated
> requests to imapd. On attempting to stop the connection (browser
> "stop"), situation continues for around 10 minutes, then I can use the
> browser again. Violent disk activity the whole time as if memory is
> being used up, but top and 'sar -r 1 5' (I'm a Unix person) show *no*
> increase in swap or RAM use. Marked increase in processor temperature
> (ACPI, cooling air temperature). Forced exit of browser alleviates the
> whole thing, symptoms persist for about 10 minutes.
>
> Anybody any idea why?

You probably have it searching the entire system for each users folders,
rather than just their account or their folder subdirectories.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!