[imp] Horde/IMP Authentication

Tony Garcia tony at cloudg.com
Mon Jan 6 09:33:23 PST 2003

> Quoting Tony Earnshaw <tonni at billy.demon.nl>:
>
> > The whole concept of Imp authorization is Imap. There shouldn't be
> any
> > reason why you can't authorize with pop, but there's definitely no
> > support. I had to go ver from pop to Imap, just for Imp and compile
> > absolutely new Imap stuff, for me with SSL/TLS and pam_ldap support.
>
> ... there is no reason why you would *have* to switch to POP. It is
> perfectly well supported.

Chuck,  do I have to comment out the other server info (exchange, cyrus,
imap, etc.) and only have my pop server info in
the /horde/imp/config/servers.php file?

I've already uncommented the two auth (login, logout) entries
in /horde/config/registry.php, and commented out the $conf['auth']
['driver'] = 'ftp'; & //$conf['auth']['params'] entries
in /horde/config/horde.php.

Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated.

Tony