[imp] Horde/IMP Authentication

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 6 12:43:43 PST 2003

Quoting Tony Earnshaw <tonni at billy.demon.nl>:

> You mean switch to Imap? imp/test.php is one example. It only provides
> Imap testing.

Fine. Give us a patch. This is a tool for people to troubleshoot, nothing
more. I don't see it as screaming "no support for POP here!".

> Besides which, Imp is webmail. My ISP provides pop3 webmail and it's
> more or less useless (there's no possiblity of organizing mail folders
> or using filters. If I was abroad for a time, with umpteen mail lists,
> replying to mail would become impossible).
>
> One of the most beautiful things about Imp is, that it's web-based.
> Whether one's in China or in the local network, all mail is organized by
> Imap. That's why I'm pressing on so hard with Horde.

... which is all fine, but none of it justifies you telling people that POP
isn't supported. That is FUD at worst, and just wrong at best.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Block Island Ferry - Fastest Route to Downtown"