[imp] Horde/IMP Authentication

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Mon Jan 6 18:24:37 PST 2003

man, 2003-01-06 kl. 15:42 skrev Chuck Hagenbuch:

> > The whole concept of Imp authorization is Imap. There shouldn't be any
> > reason why you can't authorize with pop, but there's definitely no
> > support. I had to go ver from pop to Imap, just for Imp and compile
> > absolutely new Imap stuff, for me with SSL/TLS and pam_ldap support.

> ... there is no reason why you would *have* to switch to POP. It is
> perfectly well supported.

You mean switch to Imap? imp/test.php is one example. It only provides
Imap testing.

Besides which, Imp is webmail. My ISP provides pop3 webmail and it's
more or less useless (there's no possiblity of organizing mail folders
or using filters. If I was abroad for a time, with umpteen mail lists,
replying to mail would become impossible).

One of the most beautiful things about Imp is, that it's web-based.
Whether one's in China or in the local network, all mail is organized by
Imap. That's why I'm pressing on so hard with Horde.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw