[imp] Re: [dev] turkish translation

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 6 18:47:19 PST 2003

Zitat von Genco YILMAZ <gyilmaz at marketweb.net.tr>:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I am so happy to  see that turkish language is included in IMP. Many
> organisations (universities,some companies from goverment etc)
> use your software but none of them were using turkish language.
>
> I had written turkish translation very fast.I will send an updated (and
> corrected ) version very soon.
> I will send you the translation, I dont use cvs :)
> Then you may put the translation to the offical release right ?

Unfortunately, no. The problem is that using the Turkish translations I
found a lot of bugs that came from string function not being charset
independant. For example if we use strtolower("TEXT/PLAIN") the result was
"text/plaın", not "text/plain" as it should be.

These fixes are currently only in the CVS version from the HEAD branch and
probably won't be backported to the release branch. So you'll have to use
the HEAD version or wait for Horde 3.0/IMP 4.0

Jan.