[imp] Re: conf.php missing in CVS

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 7 00:05:41 PST 2003

Quoting Joe Jenkins <joe at nerdnet.com>:

> The CVS documentation for IMP has no mention of using the XML web based
> configuration system,

horde/imp/docs/INSTALL reads:

   You must then login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the
   configuration of IMP.  Use the Horde "Administration" menu item to get
   the the Administration page, and then on the click on the "Configuration"
   icon to get the Configuration page.  Select "Mail" from the selection
   list of applications, and click on the "Configure" button.  Fill in or
   change any configuration values as needed.  When done click on "Generate
   Mail Configuration" to generate the conf.php file.  If your web server
   doesn't have write permissions to the IMP configuration directory or
   file, it will not be able to write the file.  In this case, cut and
   paste the returned configuration information into the file
   imp/config/conf.php.

> nor can I find it in the FAQ.

It is not in the FAQ, as we don't normally put things in the FAQ which are
specific to CVS HEAD.  Who ever said to check the FAQ (not me) was wrong.

> I'll archive search the
> list.  Thanks for the assistance.

It is addressed many times in the list archives.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!