[imp] imp installation under Red Hat 8

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 8 13:16:24 PST 2003

Quoting Rodolfo Segleau <segleaur at mechanus.org>:

> eduardo, forego the rpms. i'm using redhat 8.0 with only mysql and imap
> installed via rpms, everything else is a tarball that was uncompress,
> compiled and installed.

I'm using (testing really) it on RH 8.0 with all RH RPMS and it works fine.
Nothing is compiled by hand, everything is stock RH RPMS.

> the real question is if your connection to you're imap server is really a
> notls connection. the default on redhat (don't know if it was also your
>  case, eric -
> but sure has been with mine) is that the imap rpm does install with ssl
> enabled - which means the setting in the config/servers.php should probably
> be imap/novalidate-cert.

I mentioned to him to try that in a private email to him.  However, in my
case, I actually do use 'imap/notls' and it works fine.  Not sure if that
is because of a change I made elsewhere or what.

> there's only about four different ways of talking to an imap server (iirc,

But is it even talking to the server?  Could be blocked by a firewall,
tcp wrappers, imap not running on the server, bad certificates, etc.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!