[imp] imp installation under Red Hat 8

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechanus.org
Wed Jan 8 09:12:36 PST 2003

 | ----- Message from r_and_d at amersol.edu.pe ---------
 |     Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:22:38 -0500
 |     From: Research and Development <r_and_d at amersol.edu.pe>
 |  Subject: RE: [imp] imp installation under Red Hat 8
 |       To: imp <imp at lists.horde.org>
 |
 | My apologies for the off topic discussion caused by my post.
 |
 | I tried the imap/notls on the servers.php config file from imp, still no
 | luck.
 | Probably I need linux help, because I have other pages that I had develop
 | that use imap connections to the same server, in order to perform
 | authentication, and they are NOT working either.
 |
 | I suspect that my php-imap functions are really messed up. Is that possible?
 | I will try to uninstall and the reinstall back all the needed RPM's to see
 | if it works.
 | Any clue how to check if my theory is right?

eduardo, forego the rpms. i'm using redhat 8.0 with only mysql and imap
installed via rpms, everything else is a tarball that was uncompress, compiled
and installed. check out http://webmail.mechanus.org/test.php?mode=phpinfo -
should give you a pretty good idea of all the options you'll need to activate
if you compile php by hand.

the real question is if your connection to you're imap server is really a notls
connection. the default on redhat (don't know if it was also your case, eric -
but sure has been with mine) is that the imap rpm does install with ssl
enabled - which means the setting in the config/servers.php should probably be
imap/novalidate-cert.

if you had other php-based pages talking to your imap server, what are their
settings? how do they talk to it and what did work? if it's a protocol problem,
there's only about four different ways of talking to an imap server (iirc, it's
imap/notls, imap/ssl(or something similar), imap/novalidate-cert and plain
imap, if it's an older server).

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
What we imagine as order is merely the prevailing form of chaos. - Kerry
Thornley