[imp] smime

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Jan 9 11:51:53 PST 2003

> Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:
>
> > I thought the same thing, so (as a test), I made the file world readable.
> > I even chown'ed it to apache:apache, but still got the error.
>
> It might be the directory above the file that you can't get into. su to
> apache and try from the command line.
>
> -chuck

That's what it was; I gave user "apache" execute permissions (?) on the
directory containing the root certificate bundle and the error went away.

I'm still told (in the message window) that: "Message Verified Successfully but
the signer's certificate could not be verified". I assume a little research into
S/MIME will tell me what that is.

Thanks!
Rick