[imp] imp/cyrus/imap/ssl authentication problem

Jeff Tomaszewski jtomaski at prague.ath.cx
Sat Jan 11 00:34:23 PST 2003

Hi;

	I'm looking for some tips on getting imp authentication to work with a
cyrus imap configuration.  I'm able to authenticate fine using
pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert but when I try imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, in
fact trying any imap protocol with imp I get the login failure screen
saying I got the user name or password wrong.  The cyrus logs are
showing badlogin: localhost[127.0.0.1] CRAM-MD5 user not found... I have
cyrus imapd.conf configured for kerberos authentication and I don't have
an option to turn it off, of course using pop3 the cyrus log show me
authenticating plaintext which is fine, but for some reason (I don't
know why) imp comes in via CRAM-MD5, I've noticed applications such as
evolution allows a configuration of password while configuring the
authentication mechanism.  I'd don't see this available in imp.  (note
my cyrus server is configured to allow plaintext, cram-md5, kerberos,
cram-digest).  Any ides on how I can force imp to use plaintext
authentication to my cyrus imap server verses CRAM-MD5?

		tia

				-Jeff