[imp] imp/cyrus/imap/ssl authentication problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 11 00:41:23 PST 2003

Quoting Jeff Tomaszewski <jtomaski at prague.ath.cx>:

> The cyrus logs are
> showing badlogin: localhost[127.0.0.1] CRAM-MD5 user not found...

Are you using cram-md5 or other sasl authentication for anything?  If not,
deleting /etc/sasldb should fix this problem (drastic but easy).

If you are using sasl, but not cram-md5, then disable cram-md5 to fix it.
Not sure how you do this, but it should be a normal cyrus/sasl config file
setting.  Others have actually done this by deleting the md5 auth libraries
from the sasl plugin directory, but that also is really drastic.

> cram-digest).  Any ides on how I can force imp to use plaintext
> authentication to my cyrus imap server verses CRAM-MD5?

Actually, IMP doesn't know what is going on.  It is php and its compiled-in
c-client.  So the real question is how to make php and/or php's c-client
use plain instead of cram-md5.

If all else fails, I would say check the php support lists for an answer
and/or check the cyrus/sasl lists for an answer, since this is really
an issue with your php/c-client interfacing to your cyrus/sasl, and
nothing really to do with IMP.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics