[imp] Question about charset and Saved Mail

Santiago Romero sromero at servicom2000.com
Tue Jan 14 10:24:33 PST 2003

En Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:47:28 -0600 Eric Rostetter
<eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> escribio:

> Quoting Santiago Romero <sromero at servicom2000.com>:
>
> > > Yes, upgrade to IMP 3.1. IMP 2.x is no longer supported.
> >
> >  It's totally impossible for me, for all the code I've added and
> > the features I've commented to use an LDAP server as a validator
> > for reading, sending, viewing attachments, receiving messages from
> > given addresses, and so on.
>
> Seems like with IMP 3.x having excellend ldap support it should be
> easier to move to that than to maintain hacks in IMP 2.x, unless you
> are holding back on something.

 Yes, but there are looooots of things that unable me to change to
IMP 3.1. Trust me, I would change If I could (I use myself IMP 3.1
at home). But somebody over me said "NO MIGRATIONS" and I can't
migrate :( This is due to:

 - I've added code.
 - I've removed code.
 - I've added lots of limitations:
   - Attachment limitations by user
   - Internet sending limitations (an LDAP attribute defines which
     users can or cannot send messages out of the intranet domain,
     i.e., to Internet accounts).
   - Internet receiving limitations.
   - Attach showing (certain users can only see PDF attachs, and
     only from a given list of senders)
   - etc etc etc
 - I've changed the layout (remove frames, reorganized code,
   changed all the appearance, integrated into another web-application
   frames ...).

 I've done more than 1 year of changes and I can't migrate it to
 IMP 3.1 (orders :( ).

> >  I know I should really migrate to IMP 3.x, and I would do it if
> > it was possible, I can assure you (I use IMP 3.x in my house :),
> > but it's totally impossible with the status of the current webmail.
>
> Why is that?  If you say what the problem is, maybe it can be fixed?

 Yes, I hope I can fix the problem finally in the 2.2.x installation
I have. I'll browse the cvs tree but if anyone thinks he has an idea
or solution to force the correct "charset" in Saved Mail folder, it
would be very appreciated.

 CU and a happy new year :)

--
Santiago Romero