[imp] Question about charset and Saved Mail

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 14 12:34:19 PST 2003

Quoting Santiago Romero <sromero at servicom2000.com>:

> > >  It's totally impossible for me, for all the code I've added and
> > > the features I've commented to use an LDAP server as a validator
> > > for reading, sending, viewing attachments, receiving messages from
> > > given addresses, and so on.
> >
> > Seems like with IMP 3.x having excellend ldap support it should be
> > easier to move to that than to maintain hacks in IMP 2.x, unless you
> > are holding back on something.
>
>  Yes, but there are looooots of things that unable me to change to
> IMP 3.1. Trust me, I would change If I could (I use myself IMP 3.1
> at home).

I don't buy this argument per se.

>  But somebody over me said "NO MIGRATIONS" and I can't
> migrate :(

Now that one I understand. Enough said.

Must say, some of your changes are interesting, and may be something we could
include in future versions.  That's the main reason I was asking you about
your reasons/changes -- so we can get ideas of features people might want
added.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics