[imp] Re: [horde] modify entries in privat-ldap-addressbook

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Thu Jan 16 15:59:26 PST 2003

tor, 2003-01-16 kl. 11:02 skrev alois blasbichler:

> We use horde and imp with turba (i have tested the stabe and cvs - versions).
> Users and Preferences are stored in LDAP (Openldap 2.1.4)
> All works fine except the personal addressbooks.
> Every user have in Ldap a personal addressbooks, where to store conacts ...
> Creation and deletion of entries works, but
> we dont can modify this entries, then i get only a blank screen.
> when i for example want to change the entry cn=alois.blasbichler at sb-
> brixen.it,ou=ablasbichler,ou=addressbuch,dc=sb-brixen,dc=it
> i get the error: invalid dn (lois.blasbichler at sb-
> brixen.it,ou=ablasbichler,ou=addressbuch,dc=sb-brixen,dc=it)

Alois,

I use CVS Horde with mixed SQL and LDAP backends. For Turba I use LDAP,
no SQL. Openldap 2.1.0. It works perfectly and depending on your
slapd.conf ACLs you can even allow limited user administration by
modifying fields/attributes in sources.php and attributes.php.

> conn=580 op=0 BIND dn="uid=ablasbichler,cn=users,dc=sb-brixen,dc=it"
> method=128

You are trying to bind with a uid and the server doesn't like it, 'cos
unless you use a dn with rdn dn="uid=alois.etc', (i.e. beginning with
uid), the bind dn is invalid. Change uid to cn in sources.php.

I altered sources.php as follows. Whether you can use this as an example
depends on your ldap setup, which can vary greatly from site to site.
Again! This is only an example :-) you should adapt for your own setup.

> why i lose the first charakter "a"
> is this a problem of my openldap ?

Don't know, shouldn't think so. I don't.

Best,

Tony

--

$cn = Auth::getAuth(); //the authenticated user who logged in.
$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("Local Directory Server"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldaps://localhost/',
        'port' => 636,
        'root' => 'dc=example,dc=com',
        'bind_dn' => 'cn=' . $cn .
',ou=people,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com',
        'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => '*',
        'encoding' => 'utf8',
        'version' => 3
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'sn' => 'sn',
        'email' => 'mail',
        'homePhone' => 'homephone',
        'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
        'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
        'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',
        'labeledURI' => 'labeleduri',
        'userPassword' => 'userpassword',
        'mailRoutingAddress' => 'mailroutingaddress'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'sn',