[imp] Fwd: Why IMP use SMTP LOCAL SERVER only !!!!

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 16 15:15:18 PST 2003

----- Forwarded message from djvarona at usb.edu.co -----
    Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:01:44 -0500
    From: Diego Jose Varona Agredo <djvarona at usb.edu.co>
 Subject: Why IMP use SMTP LOCAL SERVER only !!!!
      To: chuck at horde.org

Hi chuck

   I’m finishing to  install the new version of IMP(3.1)  and HORDE
(2.0). But in this versions I can view this features to be implemented
in the next version

1)     IMP and HORDE can’t run with  PHP 4.3.0, The parameters between
session lose it!. After login, redirect doesn’t show the INBOX PAGE. And
not work RELOAD button of navigator. I had to back to PHP 4.2.3

2)     I my installation of my work, I have one machine with all
requirements to run IMP without SMTP server, When I configure  the mail
server to  another machine and read the messages and all be fine until I
try to send message The messages never go out until the SMTP server was
running. My question is . ¿ Can I configure another machine to SEND AND
RECEIVE Messages, without use the local MTA.?
3)     The themes would be more easy way to configure, the colors,
banners, titles, etc. Would be store in the BD. And choose from a menu
all features.

IMP it’s a really good to manage the EMAIL, in my work at least the 90 %
(of 7000 person’s) use it like that email client preferred.

Many Thanks

Diego Varona
djvarona at usb.edu.co

----- End forwarded message -----