[imp] Fwd: IMP 2.2.6

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 17 13:49:44 PST 2003

> ----- Forwarded message from symi59 at free.fr -----
>     Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:54:54 +0100
>     From: hudebine michel <symi59 at free.fr>
>  Subject: IMP 2.2.6
>       To: consulting at horde.org
>
> From december I get a new Internet Supplier , (FREE.FR) and with the
> logiciel, this IAS (Internet Acces Supplier) supply the webmail  IMP 2.2.6;
> As curious, i go to your site to look and learn about you. Is't how I read
> that you advise to  upgradre to a 3.0 version when is possible!!

They should at least upgrade to the 2.2.8 version, as it fixes security
issues.  Better would be to update to 3.1, but that may not be feasible.

> I go to the download section of your site and  I try to find a  logiciel
> with a name or indication as "upgrade" But I find a lot of logiciel and I
> don't know which one I need to load  ! !

There are patches to upgrade within the version (from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 to
2.2.8) but not between versions (2.2.x to 3.x).  Upgrading from 2.2 to
3.0 is basically a new install.  You will need to upgrade Horde as well
as IMP.  There are scripts to migrate the contacts database and stuff
if you need to migrate, for example, the contacts to Turba.

> Please could you help me because the answer of the IAS was : We don't fixe
> this problem that is not in your duty, contact IMP ! ! !
> Best regards

I think you need to better describe (or research) exactly what you want
to do, and then ask again with more details.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!