[imp] Difficulty in configuring IMP 3.1

Sarmeela Thanakodi test_imp at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 21:45:21 PST 2003

Applications used :

Apache Web Server 1.3.23 (Packaged with RH Linux 7.3)

UW IMAP Server (Packaged with RH Linux 7.3)

PostgreSQL (Packaged with RH Linux 7.3)

PHP 4.1.2

Horde 2.1

IMP 3.1

**I have all the above applications installed in one single machine running RedHat Linux 7.3

Apache document root: /var/www/html

Horde resides in: /var/www/html/horde

IMP resides in: /var/www/html/horde/imp

In horde.php under Horde Authentication, I have this :-

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{localhost:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX';

Once I access the http://localhost/horde/ , I get the login page where I login with my username and password and I am transported to a Welcome To horde page. So everything is okay with horde right?

Now, I install and configure IMP like the following :-

$ cd /var/www/html/horde

$ tar zxvf /usr/sarmeela/imp-3.1.tar.gz

$ mv imp-3.1 imp

When I try to access http://localhost/horde/imp/ , I get the “Some of the IMP’s configuration files are missing” document, so I do this :-

$ cd /var/www/html/horde/imp/config

$ for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo ‘basename $foo .dist’; done

Now when I try to access the imp page again, I get this error message :

“An error occurred while loading http://localhost/horde/imp/“

“Unknown host_default”

Then, I make these changes to IMP’s servers.php like what Tony Earnshaw suggested :

$servers['imap'] = array(

'name' => 'IMAP Server',

'server' => 'localhost',

'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',

'port' => 993,

'folders' => 'mail/',

'namespace' => '',

'maildomain' => 'localhost',

'smtphost' => 'localhost',

'realm' => '',

'preferred' => ''

);

1)    Tried to access http://localhost/horde/imp/, but the same error appears

2)    Tried to access IMP from the “Log in to mail” link in Horde and a msgbox “Unknown host_default” prompts out.

3)    Tried to access IMP from http://localhost/horde/test.php with the following

Server: localhost

User: my_username

Password: my_password

“Certificate Failure for localhost. Self signed certificate” error message appears.

What am I not doing, or doing wrong in installing and configuring IMP, please help.

Thanks

-Sarmeela