[imp] Difficulty in configuring IMP 3.1

Sarmeela Thanakodi test_imp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 01:14:38 PST 2003

Hi Tony,
In my servers.php, i dont have these lines :
'quota' => false,
'dotfiles' => false,
'hierarchies' => array());
Should i put this in?

And, should I delete everything in servers.php and just have that one IMAP server configuration? I remember trying that but it still didnt work, but i can try it again.

You said that I should key in the protocol and port in test.php, but how since in test.php, the only textbox that appears are :-

Server :
User :
Password:

How do i key in the server protocol and port?

Thanks again.
-Sarmeela

 Tony Earnshaw <tonni at billy.demon.nl> wrote:ons, 2003-01-22 kl. 06:45 skrev Sarmeela Thanakodi:

> Now when I try to access the imp page again, I get this error message :
>
> An error occurred while loading http://localhost/horde/imp/
>
> Unknown host_default

O.k., we'll take it one step further. I use CVS, so what I have in my
config files is often different from what you have. If I do 'grep -r
host_default' in by horde root, with all modules under it, I don't find
anything.

But, logic decrees that you haven't given a default server in Imp's
servers.php. At the top of my servers.php, I have the following, which
is the only server I use for mail, so all the others are commented out
(i.e., it is my default server, and since it comes first in the list, it
would be anyway according to the comments at the head of servers.php):

$servers['imap'] = array(
'name' => 'IMAP Server',
'server' => 'localhost',
'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
'port' => 993,
'folders' => 'mail/',
'namespace' => '',
'maildomain' => 'billy.demon.nl',
'smtphost' => 'localhost',
'realm' => '',
'preferred' => '',
'quota' => false,
'dotfiles' => false,
'hierarchies' => array());

Do you have anything like that, that you haven't filled in?

> 3) Tried to access IMP from http://localhost/horde/test.php with
> the following

> Server: localhost
> User: my_username
> Password: my_password

Here also CVS test.php. I have to fill in my protocol and port:
imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, 993. Do you?

Best,

Tony

--