[imp] Difficulty in configuring IMP 3.1

Sarmeela Thanakodi test_imp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 05:14:46 PST 2003

Hi Tony,

I just found out something weird today about my IMP configuration, turns out that I can get in to IMP, but in a merry-go-round way, let me explain…

1.    Modified my servers.php until the only things that were in it, were this:
<?php
$servers[‘imap’] = array(
‘name’ => ‘IMAP Server’,
‘server’ => ‘localhost’,
‘protocol’ => ‘imap/ssl/novalidate-cert’,
‘port’ => 993,
‘folders’ => ‘mail/’,
‘namespace’ => ‘’,
‘maildomain’ => ‘localhost’,
‘smtphost’ => ‘localhost’,
‘realm’ => ‘’,
‘preferred => ‘’
);

2.    So now I login to Horde
Username : my_username
Password : my_password

Once inside, I see this “Log in to mail” link whereby when I click on it, I get the “Unknwon host_default” msgbox. Well nothing new here

BUT …
When I access http://localhost/horde/imp/login.php

I can see the IMP Login menu, which without logging to Horde I get the “An error occurred while loading http://localhost/horde/imp/login.php : Unknwon host_default” message

So, I login to IMP

Username: my_username
Password: my_password
Server: IMAP Server (Pull down menu..with only the IMAP Server)
Language: English (US) (Pull down menu)

After which I get this error..
“An error occurred while loading http://localhost/horde/imp/redirect.php: Unknown host_default”

THEN (this is the weird part)
When I go back to my horde page, I can see the INBOX which when I click I can enter into my mailbox…

SO…
Either I have really messed up my IMP configuration, or missed doing something major in setting up the IMP. Any idea how I can log into IMP the NORMAL way??

Thanks
-Sarmeela