[imp] Re: [horde] FreeBSD

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat Jan 25 17:53:47 PST 2003

Quoting Kovács Péter <kovacspeter2 at freemail.hu>:

| Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu> írta:
|
| > Quoting KovĂĄcs PĂŠter <kovacspeter2 at freemail.hu>:
| >
| > | I installed Horde on my system. Actually it was put on my
| > | computer after the instllation even I didn't want it......
| > | I have freeBSD 4.7
| > | So I had to copy the /usr/local/www/horde directory to
| > | /usr/local/www/data/horde
| > | I guess thats the right way.....
| > | Now the following error comes up when i request the document:
| > |
| > | Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _() in
| > | /usr/local/www/data/horde/config/registry.php on line 84
| >
| > gettext needs to be compiled into PHP.  See horde/docs/INSTALL.
| >
| I read it but they don't say how I can do it. I edited my php.ini and
| removed the comment line from gettext and restarted my apache web
| server, but nothing happend...
| How can I compile it???

>From the install file:

 a. Gettext support. (--with-gettext)

  Gettext is the GNU Translation Project's localization library.
  Horde uses gettext to provide local translations of text
  displayed by applications. Information on obtaining the
  gettext package is available at

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

Thus, when compiling PHP, you must add --with-gettext to the configure command.

michael