[imp] MySQL Question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jan 28 13:36:11 PST 2003

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:

> So I wanted to know if I would meet the discussed problem when using a
> two-way replication?

Most likely, yes. Patches to start taking care of this that are portable
would be reviewed.

> Second question (as alternative):
> Would it be possible for a future HORDE to optionally redirect all wirtes
> to the master, and distribute the reads among the slaves?

Unless one of the current developers has a need for this functionality, I
can't see us adding it, since it's fairly db specific. I'd look at a patch,
though, if it was done well.

-chuck

P.S. Horde is not an acronym. Dunno why it seems to get all-caps so much of
the time.

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*