[imp] -- Wrong dates --

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 29 13:16:40 PST 2003

Zitat von William Daniau <wdaniau at lpmo.edu>:

> the time zone does not seem to have anything to do with it, your email
> apear to
> have been sent on January 24 in the Inbox list and on January 29 when I
> read it...

Seem to or doesn't? My message would have been a good example as there was
one PHP version out there (I don't remember the version number right now)
that converted times from a string wrong if this time was from the +0100
timezone.
This bug was really fun because from one day to another (when coming back
from daylight saving time) it appeared at some people's sites without them
having touched anything on their servers. :-)

> Occasionally, there are some messages which appear with correct dates,
> but I did
> not find any correlation with them.
>
> William.
>
> Selon Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
> > Zitat von William Daniau <wdaniau at lpmo.edu>:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We use imp in our lab, and we have noticed a strange behavior with
> dates.
> > > Although the dates of expedition are correct when reading an email,
> they
> > > are
> > > wrong (in fact 4 days earlier) in the inbox content.
> >
> > Does this happen to all messages? If not, from which timezone do these
> > messages come from?
> >
> > Jan.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> > http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge
> > http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft
> >
> > --

>  William Daniau                          Research Engineer
>  LPMO-CNRS
>  Tel : +33 (0) 381 85 39 61     Fax : +33 (0) 381 85 39 98
>  email : wdaniau at lpmo.edu

Jan.