[imp] Downloading binary attachments is broken in HEAD

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Wed Jan 29 15:00:47 PST 2003

We have CVS HEAD of Horde+childern as of ~10am GMT today and have noticed a
problem with downloading binary attachments such as .zip files.

Test as follows: Using IE 6.0.2800... on windows 2000

compose a simple message with a single valid attached .zip file. When I
receive this message I can not open the attachment, winzip reports corrupt
zip file. If I try to download the file, the downloaded version is also
corrupt.

I know the attached file is ok because:

1. using mozilla on linux we can download the file which works fine
2. using outlook 2000 we can read the file just fine from the IMAP server

Obviously it is a browser specific problem, but I've had reports of Lotus
notes behaving in the same way for a zip file attached using IMP.

Text attachment, such as PDFs work fine.

the file was attached using same version of IMP and Outlook 2000. with the
same behaviour when we receive the file.

No errors/warning are being reported by apache/horde.

Any ideas?

Ahmed...