[imp] Attachment download broken

Doug Curtis doug.curtis at world-mail.org
Wed Jan 29 10:10:46 PST 2003

I don't know much about php but I can troubleshoot.

Ok, I've tried this on four different installations that I have, each with
different specs:

Installation 1:
    * Horde: 2.1
    * IMP: 3.1
    * Turba: 1.1
    * PHP Version: 4.2.3
Installation 2:
    * Horde: 2.2.1
    * IMP: 3.1
    * PHP Version: 4.2.3
Installation 3:
    * Horde: 2.2.1
    * IMP: 3.1
    * Turba: 1.1
    * PHP Version: 4.3.0
Installation 4:
    * Horde: 2.2
    * IMP: 3.1
    * Turba: 1.1
    * PHP Version: 4.2.2

Installations 1 and 2 work for downloading attachments, Installations 3 and
4 do not.  This is using IE6 on Windows XP, 2000 and 98; all of which are
in completely different locations.   Netscape 7.01 under Windows XP works,
but when you go to save the attachment, it always puts a ".php" at the end
of the attachment name.  If you rename the extension to what it is supposed
to be, it works.

Installations 1 and 2 are on the same computer while 3 and 4 are two
separate computers.  Computer1 is running Redhat Linux 7.3 with apache
1.3.27. Computer 2 is running Redhat 7.0 with apache 1.3.27 and computer 3
is running Redhat 8.0 with apache 2.0.40

The big difference between the computer running 1 and 2 and the two other
computers is that I have not upgraded PEAR on computer 1.  I also have not
recompiled php on computer 1 yet because I haven't upgraded my production
horde version on it.  The test.php on Installation 2 says:

Horde Versions

    * Horde: 2.2.1
    * IMP: 3.1 (run IMP tests)

PHP Version

    * <test.htm>View phpinfo() screen
    * PHP Version: 4.2.3
    * PHP Major Version: 4.2
    * PHP Minor Version: 3
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * DOM XML Support: No
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: Yes
    * LDAP Support: Yes
    * MCAL Support: Yes
    * Mcrypt Support: Yes
    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: Yes
    * XML Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
    * file_uploads enabled: Yes
    * safe_mode disabled: Yes
    * trans_sid disabled: Yes

PHP Sessions

    * Session counter: 1
    * To unregister the session: <test.htm>click here

PEAR

    * PEAR - Yes
    * Recent PEAR - No
    * This version of PEAR is not recent enough. See the
<http://www.horde.org/pear/>Horde PEAR page for details.
    * Mail - Yes
    * Mail_Mime - No
    * You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See
the INSTALL file for instructions on how to install the package.
    * Log - Yes
    * DB - Yes
    * Net_Socket - Yes
    * Date - Yes
    * HTML_Common/HTML_Select - Yes
So I think it may be in the Mail_Mime in PEAR or PEAR in general.  Again, I
am not php programmer, so I may be totally off.

I hope this info makes sense and can help.

Doug