[imp] Public PGP Server Timeout?

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Jan 30 11:46:26 PST 2003

Is there a way to set a timeout when verifying the pgp signature of a message
from a public key server?

On one mailing list I belong to, there are a few people who sign their messages.
Typically, the signature is verified from my specified public key server with no
noticable delay; the message is displayed as quickly as messages that aren't signed.

This morning, apparently the public key server I use was down. As a result, when
I tried to display a signed message, it took a *very* long time to display; I
didn't time it, but it seemed to be 10-15 minutes. I'm assuming  this was
because the key server was unavailable. Eventually, the message was displayed
with the note that the key wasn't available.

Based on past performance, I could probably set the timeout to 10 seconds and
still get good results, but I don't know how to set the value (if it can even be
done).

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Rick