[imp] Blacklist corruption problem

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Jan 30 13:18:57 PST 2003

Quoting Son Truong <svt at st-andrews.ac.uk>:

| The 'blacklist' feature in HORDE/IMP allow users to add addresses to
| be filtered out and deleted as junk mail. The problem is that the list
| that
| the user is creating is growing too big and when it reaches a certain
| point it starts corrupting the logon process.

This has been addressed in CVS HEAD - via a configuration option that
prevents addition to the preferences backend if the addition would put the
total size over the storage limit.

The solution in your situation would be to simply increase the data size of
the horde_prefs table.  I have no idea what DB you are using, but you
should read the documentation and select a larger data type and then
convert the horde_prefs db (and specifically the column that holds the
data) to the larger data type.

michael