[imp] Folder Problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 30 15:34:22 PST 2003

Quoting Derek Martin <derek at younet.okstate.edu>:

> Hi there, I have been having troubles with IMAP folders ever since I
> installed IMAPProxy

Please post imapproxy messages to the imapproxy mailing list, not the IMP list.

> - I turn IMAPProxy off and folders work great, when
> on, they work...sometimes but more than often don't.  Does anyone have a
> similar situation and/or solution?

The only problem I had was with messages with nulls in them.  There is
code that is supposed to fix this, but it appears to not catch everything.
I upgraded from the ancient wu-imap 4.x c-client/server to the newer wu-imap
2001a c-client/server and everything has been working great since.

The moral is: it may break with broken c-clients and/or imap servers.

I know a lot of people are having various problems with Solaris also.
You don't say what OS or IMAP server/c-client you use.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!