[imp] Blacklist corruption problem

Son Truong svt at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 11:32:55 PST 2003

Hello,

I wonder if there is a fix for this problem.

The 'blacklist' feature in HORDE/IMP allow users to add addresses to
be filtered out and deleted as junk mail. The problem is that the list
that
the user is creating is growing too big and when it reaches a certain
point it starts corrupting the logon process.

I am using a user defined session handler that store sessions within the

mysql database. When a user (who has a huge blacklist) tries to login
the session data is corrupted by some of the text in the blacklist
causing
a 'session expired' logout.

Is there a fix/patch that will limit the blacklist length out there? It
is too
easy for users to indefinitely add addresses to be blacklisted.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Also while I am here, has anyone written a script to process the horde
log files for analysis/reporting? I don't want to re-invent the wheel,
if
there is a suitable script out there...

With thanks,
Son