[imp] IMP 3.2-cvs problems on production system. Would like help

WYSS Daniel.Wyss at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jan 30 19:42:49 PST 2003

Running:
--------
Horde 2.2-cvs
Imp 3.2-cvs
turba 1.2-cvs
php_4.1.2
apache_1.3.26
sendmail-8.12.6
uw imap 2001a
on Solaris 8
-----------

These are some the problems our users have been reporting:
We would like to know if anyone has seen/confirmed the same issues with
this version of horde/imp/turba

1) After composing a message with an attachment it does not send, the
compose window just refreshes itself.

In the situation I have discovered that this occurs when a user cuts and
pastes microsoft word text (with quotes and double quotes) into the
compose window. When removing the double-quotes and single quotes from the
message it sends off just fine. So it appears that these microsoft quotes
disrupt the sending of messages with attachments. If there is not an
attachment it works fine.

2) If a user has a period (.) in a line by itself in a composed message,
and the message gets sent off, sendmail breaks off the message at this point.
In otherwords an EOT. This also occures if a period exists in a signature.

3) If a user has these characters in the "identities"-"full name field:"
or
   -=/ joe \=-       can't remember the order of slashes- sorry

this blanks out "who" this message is coming from. In this case I just
told the users to remove the slashed and it worked.

I hope i am not the only one experiencing this and if
there is a fix please let me know

-Thanks for your help
Daniel Wyss