[imp] Problems Running IMP

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 2 12:43:11 PST 2003

Quoting Gene Hurst <tehurst at bellsouth.net>:

> I am running Redhat 8.0 pretty much out of the box... the kernel has not
> been updated.

What are you passing as the imap protocol string?  You probably need
/notls if you are not using ssl, and if you are using ssl then there
are multiple possible problems.

You should be seeing something in your system log files from the
imap server.  If not, then it might be a deeper issue (like firewall,
tcp_wrappers, service not running, etc).

> it has something to do with Horde and the imap server... IMP will not
> pass the IMAP test and gives the following message:  "Warning: Couldn't
> open stream {localhost:143}INBOX in /var/www/html/horde/imp/test.php on
> line 157"  There are some other error messages, but this is the first
> one and the others look about the same.  I can post them if it would
> help.

Wouldn't hurt to post them.  But you system logs would also be interesting.

> have several working installations using Redhat 7.2, so I have set it up
> successfully before.

There are big imap differences between RH 7.2 (not updated) and RH 8.0
concerning things like tsl/ssl support.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics