[imp] can't login with IMP auth.

Doug Curtis doug.curtis at world-mail.org
Tue Feb 4 14:34:34 PST 2003

At 08:11 PM 2/4/2003 +0100, Dennis Ortsen wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm fairly new to this all, I hpe someone can help me out here.
>
>I'm tring to get horde running with at least MySql, and IMP and kronolith,
>turba, nag and other nice features. Sofar, I've only installed MySql, horde,
>IMP and kronolith. But no matter what I try, I can't login with IMP
>authentication...
>
>I'm running Suse Linux 7.0
>Apache 2.0.4
>PHP 4.3
>Horde 2.2
>IMP 3.1
>Kronolith 1.0
>MySQL  3.23.55
>
>Here's my /horde/test.php:
>
>Horde Versions
>Horde: 2.2
>IMP: 3.1 (run IMP tests)
>Kronolith: 1.0
>PHP Version
>View phpinfo() screen
>PHP Version: 4.3.0
>PHP Major Version: 4.3
>PHP Minor Version: 0
>PHP Version Classification: release
>You are running a supported version of PHP.
>PHP Module Capabilities
>DOM XML Support: No

If I remember right, someone else was having a similar problem until they
compiled php with the DOM XML support (--with-dom)

>Gettext Support: Yes
>IMAP Support: Yes
>LDAP Support: Yes
>MCAL Support: Yes
>Mcrypt Support: No
>MySQL Support: Yes
>PostgreSQL Support: No
>XML Support: Yes
>Miscellaneous PHP Settings
>magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
>file_uploads enabled: Yes
>safe_mode disabled: Yes
>trans_sid disabled: Yes
>PHP Sessions
>Session counter: 4
>To unregister the session: click here
>PEAR
>PEAR - Yes
>Recent PEAR - Yes
>Mail - Yes
>Mail_Mime - Yes
>Log - Yes
>DB - Yes
>Net_Socket - Yes
>Date - Yes
>HTML_Common/HTML_Select - No
>Horde requires the HTML_Common and HTML_Select classes only for Kronolith
>1.0 to display forms correctly.
>
>I've first tried to get horde and kronolith working. After long struggles, I
>finally got mysql installed, and created the horde database, and the
>kronolith tables. I can login with the mysql tools as the horde user. But
>since logging failed constantly with kronolith ( i never got further than a
>dozen of new errors), i tried to install IMP (since I configured horde to
>use IMP authentication). But when I try to login in IMP, I get the following
>error in my horde.log:
>
>feb 04 20:38:09 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 192.9.200.22 to
>mail.domain.com:143[imap/notls] as myuser [on line 270 of
>"/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]
>
>Horde tells me I entered a wrong username or password.... Fine, it's
>probably right, but which username and password are we talking about here?
>the MySql user? The Linux user? is there a "horde" username and password
>required (besides the default one)?

I am assuming that you un commented the two ['auth']['login'] lines at the
top of registry.php to enable IMP as the handler for horde
authentication.  If you are using IMP as your authentication into horde,
then it is trying to authenticate to which ever server you have setup in
your imp/config/servers.php file.  Horde authentication is configured in
the config/horde.php file unless you are using IMP as your authentication
handler.  I have setup my server this way because most people just want to
use IMP.  This saves them having to login twice.

Hope this helps,

Doug

>Can someone please help me out on this one?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Dennis Ortsen
>Dennis at pinetree.nl

Doug