[imp] can't login with IMP auth.

Dennis Ortsen Dennis at Pinetree.nl
Tue Feb 4 20:11:06 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this all, I hpe someone can help me out here.

I'm tring to get horde running with at least MySql, and IMP and kronolith,
turba, nag and other nice features. Sofar, I've only installed MySql, horde,
IMP and kronolith. But no matter what I try, I can't login with IMP
authentication...

I'm running Suse Linux 7.0
Apache 2.0.4
PHP 4.3
Horde 2.2
IMP 3.1
Kronolith 1.0
MySQL  3.23.55

Here's my /horde/test.php:

Horde Versions
Horde: 2.2
IMP: 3.1 (run IMP tests)
Kronolith: 1.0
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.3.0
PHP Major Version: 4.3
PHP Minor Version: 0
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
DOM XML Support: No
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: Yes
MCAL Support: Yes
Mcrypt Support: No
MySQL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: No
XML Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
file_uploads enabled: Yes
safe_mode disabled: Yes
trans_sid disabled: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 4
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes
Mail - Yes
Mail_Mime - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes
Net_Socket - Yes
Date - Yes
HTML_Common/HTML_Select - No
Horde requires the HTML_Common and HTML_Select classes only for Kronolith
1.0 to display forms correctly.

I've first tried to get horde and kronolith working. After long struggles, I
finally got mysql installed, and created the horde database, and the
kronolith tables. I can login with the mysql tools as the horde user. But
since logging failed constantly with kronolith ( i never got further than a
dozen of new errors), i tried to install IMP (since I configured horde to
use IMP authentication). But when I try to login in IMP, I get the following
error in my horde.log:

feb 04 20:38:09 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 192.9.200.22 to
mail.domain.com:143[imap/notls] as myuser [on line 270 of
"/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

Horde tells me I entered a wrong username or password.... Fine, it's
probably right, but which username and password are we talking about here?
the MySql user? The Linux user? is there a "horde" username and password
required (besides the default one)?

Can someone please help me out on this one?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Ortsen
Dennis at pinetree.nl