[imp] Big attachment problem

dimitra deka dimi at ucnet.uoc.gr
Thu Feb 6 17:29:48 PST 2003

>> ----- Bericht van dimi at ucnet.uoc.gr ---------
>>     Datum: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:53:44 +0200
>>       Van: dimitra deka <dimi at ucnet.uoc.gr>
>> Antwoorden aan:dimitra deka <dimi at ucnet.uoc.gr>
>>  Onderwerp: [imp] Big attachment problem
>>       Aan: imp at lists.horde.org
>>

>> Well, whould sould I do to get the attention? I have this problem a
>> week now and my users are driving me crazy!!!
>> Can anyone help me? I can't upload an attachment! I am sending a mai
>> for debugging and nobody answers!! I am trying to do something to see
>> a message, even a wrong one!
>>
>> please give me some help here!!
>>
>> dimi

MF> Hi dimi,

MF> I haven't followed the original postings but will try to help as much as I can
MF> (and I hope I know enough).
MF> - What version of Horde/Imp are you running on what platform (client and
MF> server)?
MF> - What happens or doesn't happen if you try to attach a attachment?
MF> - Is there a difference with different sizes of attachments (small / large)?
MF> - Is you're directorie for temporary files world writable? (i think this should
MF> be the case but anyone correct me if I'm wrong)
MF> - What version of PHP (and PEAR) ae you using?

MF> Maybe I can't deliver the answer but if you could answer some questions thtere
MF> could be someone else to answer it.

I am using Horde2.1,Imp3.1, courier-imap, apache 1.3.26 server,
iplanet ldap server for authentication,unix, qmail, php-4.2.2 but I
don't the version of PEAR.
My directory is writeable, readable by anyone and is /var/tmp.
I cannot upload any attachment. When the file is a small one up to 8K
it creates a temp file sized 0bytes.In the interface seems that the
file is uploaded and the file size is shown too.
If the file is more than 8K then when I try to do the attach command I
get a refresh of the interface and nothing else. No temp file is
created.
In apache's logs there is nothing. Of course in horde log there is
nothing except of the login-logout. I think that it should be
somewhere a log file for each action!
My php.ini file has the settings for upload size 2M and post size 8M
and the memory limit is big too.
I want to see some debugging! (This is another question, I am going to
do later)
What do you think?