[imp] Big attachment problem

Tim Meader tmeader at cne-odin.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 6 18:20:42 PST 2003

Not evangelizing, but fyi for a lot of these people that are having users
trying to upload gigantic files... you might do well to investigate the
usage of mod_perl with the libapreq module. It provides a very simple, perl
based obviously, api for uploading files (among other things). The big plus
is that it DOES spool uploads to disk and does not keep them in RAM as PHP
tends to. I've noticed several front ends on various code repositories  on
the net that could be paired with mod_perl, and have a system I wrote
myself that I would be glad to give to others (as is) if they are
interested (only condition being that if they improve it at all they let me
know <wink> ).

Love IMP and Horde though, unrivaled for quality as far as IMAP based web
front-ends go. Anxiously awaiting IMP 3.2 so I can finally move to PHP 4.3,
and Horde 2.2.1 hopefully without incident.

Later.