[imp] very slow???

jkpsj jkpsj at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 15:57:06 PST 2003

--- Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Other guesses might be remote calendars in Kronolith, system load from
> these and other services, poor ldap performance, or *very* slow disks.

what about if my *first* attempt to login is slow. about 6-8 seconds. which finally resulted to
$reson=failed, even though i *am convinced* that the password was correct.

AND after that first hurdle (slow login), everything is fast; which includes logout and login
again.

could this be due to the hard drive going to sleep on my first attempt to login ?
i suspected this is the case bcos i am the only user on this test machine :)
anyway pls advise.

--
jkpsj