[imp] login speed is very slow

gao junhua junhua_gao at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 8 04:18:40 PST 2003

when i compile the php+horde+imp,i use imap-2001a(UW-IMAP).
my ../horde/imp/config/servers.php is :
$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'gao.jnu.edu.cn',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
//    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
//    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'gao.jnu.edu.cn',
    'smtphost' => 'gao.jnu.edu.cn',
    'realm' => 'jnu.edu.cn',
    'preferred' => ''
);

$servers['pop'] = array(
    'name' => 'POP3 Server',
    'server' => 'gao.jnu.edu.cn',
    'protocol' => 'pop3',
    'port' => 110,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'gao.jnu.edu.cn',
    'realm' => 'jnu.edu.cn',
    'preferred' => ''
);

and my email computer domain is gao.jnu.edu.cn.

when i select pop3 to login in,the speed is very quick,3s or so.but when i
select
IMAP to login in,the login speed is very slow,30s or so.

what is the reason??

In the case of courier-imap, which applicable directory would it be?

eltonic40