[imp] Strange language problem w/ menu bar icons

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 10 11:38:40 PST 2003

Hi all,

I'm running the CVS HEAD versions of Horde/IMP on a Solaris 8 system
with the following configuration:

* PHP 4.2.3 (linked against GNU gettext below)
* Apache 1.3.26
* GNU gettext-0.11.5
* GNU libiconv-1.8

Multi-language support works great, with one strange exception.
Occasionally--seemingly at random--the text below a couple of the icons
on the top menubar, as well as in the <title> tag, will suddenly
"change" from English to another language.  Users have reported the text
changing to Spanish; I've personally seen it change to various Eastern
European and DBCS locales.  I'm at a complete loss as to where to begin
investigating this, as the problem is transitory (the next action in IMP
usually reverts the text to English) and difficult to reproduce.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any ideas about where to start looking?

Thanks,
--Gary
--
Gary Windham