[imp] CVS Horde/IMP: missing some configuration files

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 11 09:42:38 PST 2003

Quoting Bruno Negrao <imp-bnegrao at engepel.com.br>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to test IMP and Horde from the CVS Head branch.

Given your problems with the stable/release versions, that is very daring.

> When I download
> them, I notice that there are some configuration files that don't come along
> with the head package files. Why this?

They are generated now from xml templates.  See the docs.

> Also, what do you recomend for us (newbies) to do?

Not try cvs head.  If you are going to, join the cvs mailing list.

> Should I copy this
> missing configuration file from a stable branch version I downloaded before?

NO!  That won't work.  Read the docs, in particular docs/INSTALL for each
application.

> Thanks

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics