[imp] how to enable https....

z33k z33k666 at icqmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:12:28 PST 2003

Srikar,

It is pretty simple but confusing if this is your first time
to set up SSL.

What version of Apache?

There is a big difference between 1.X and 2.X.

Assuming you are using Apache 1.3.27:

Untar the source for Apache, OpenSSL and mod_ssl.  mod_ssl
needs the source from each to compile.

make sure you built a certificate when you compiled mod_ssl.
You should have done something like this:

cd mod_ssl-mod_ssl-2.8.1-1.3.19
  ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.27 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.7
   cd ../apache_1.3.19
   ./configure --enable-module=ssl --enable-module=so
   make
   make certificate
   make install

After you install mod_ssl, read the mod_ssl documentation at
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ There is too much info there
to post in a thread.

If you have already done the above, just enter

https://webmail.yourserver.com

Zeke