[imp] how to enable https....

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 12 11:23:16 PST 2003

Quoting z33k <z33k666 at icqmail.com>:

> Srikar,
>
> It is pretty simple but confusing if this is your first time
> to set up SSL.

In addition to the comments of Zeke/z33k, which address the web server
configuration only, there are some other things to consider.

If you always want to use ssl, and neve non-ssl, take some steps such as:

In horde/config/horde.php (in CVS it is horde/config/conf.php) set it
to always use ssl:

$conf['use_ssl'] = 1;

And to force apache to use ssl, you can either disable port 80 (but in
my experience this causes all matter of complaints) or redirect anything
on port 80 to the ssl port, via:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$     https://%{HTTP_HOST}$1        [R,L]

or similar type or rewrite/redirect (I have several examples that work).
There is also info on this kind of thing in the IMP mailing list archives
(and maybe the horde archives also).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics