[imp] Problems opening multipart/appledouble attachments

jim at tgrec.com jim at tgrec.com
Wed Feb 12 15:53:57 PST 2003

Greetings,

I am currently using head-cvs versions Horde/Imp with great success
except for one hitch; email attachments sent via Mac 0SX/Apple Mail
don't seem to be fully recognized. The "Part(s)" line for a .jpg
attachment looks like this:

2  unnamed  multipart/appledouble  143.32 KB

In an older working version of Horde/Imp the resource-fork and data-
fork were broken out into an "applefile" and  "image/jpeg"
respectively, instead of appearing as a single blob as above. I
checked the message source and both parts are present. I've also
looked at the mime_mapping.php and mime_drivers.php for both Horde
and Imp but can't find anything wrong and no one in the mail list
archives seems to have a similar problem.

Here are my system details:

Horde 3.0-cvs, IMP 4.0-cvs (2003-01-09 snapshot)
PHP 4.2.2, RedHat 8.0, postfix 1.1.11, courier-imap-1.7.0,
Apache/2.0.40

Thanks,
Jim