[imp] changing the contents on how vacation returns emails

Dennis Ortsen Dennis at Pinetree.nl
Fri Feb 14 17:20:12 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to change the contents of the email that vacation returns?

By default, it's not possible to reply to that mail sent by vacation, and
there's some ugly header information in the body of the email that was sent
by vacation:

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:10:25 +0100 (CET)
From: user at my.domain
I'm on vacation and will not be reading my mail for a while. Your mail will
be dealt with when I return.

Is there a possibility to remove the first four lines from the email body?

And about not being able to reply, I can imagine that this behaviour is "by
design". But can someone tell me more on this subject?

Thanks in advance...

Br.

Dennis