[imp] Segfault in httpd when trying to access Imp.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Feb 16 06:06:45 PST 2003

Quoting Chris Hastie <lists at oak-wood.co.uk>:

 | On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Michael P. Hilty <mikeh at jordanacoustical.com> wrote
 | >Hello all,
 | >     I am running into another issue on a different server...  Whenever a
 | user
 | >logs into Horde, they get to their summary page fine.  However, whenever
 | they
 | >try to click on the Mail link to take them into Imp, the client browser
 | will
 | >show that the server cannot be found, and the server logs show that
 | >there was a
 | >segmentation fault.
 | >     On this enviornment, I am running SuSE 7.3 (SPARC edition), Apache
 | >1.3.23,
 | >PHP 4.2.3, UoW imap-2001a c-client, OpenLDAP, and MySQL.
 | >     Turba, Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag, Passwd, Vacation, and Forwards are
 | running
 | >fine, Imp is the only application causing this issue.
 | >     Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 | >

 | Mike
 |
 | I have no solution to offer you but I see a similar problem in a very
 | specific set of circumstances - I wonder if it may be related.
 |
 | I get such faults when connecting to one particular IMAP server and
 | attempting to view a mailbox sorted by thread. I could reproduce pretty
 | much exactly what you describe by setting my 'View or mailbox to display
 | after login' to a mailbox (rather than the 'Folder Navigator' for
 | example) and my 'Default sorting criteria' to 'Thread view'. If you have
 | those settings see if changing away from 'Thread view' will allow you to
 | open Imp. Of course, if you can't get to Imp, you'll have to get to the
 | options page by entering the URL manually, or possibly change the
 | default value in config/prefs.php
 |
 | When I've brought this up in the past I've been told it's an issue that
 | needs raising with the c-client developers. It's notable that the IMAP
 | server that I have these problems with does not have a "THREAD=" entry
 | in the result of the CAPABILITY command, yet Imp does never the less
 | offer me the option of a 'Thread view'.

My experience has been similar to Chris'.  I have had them off and on.
They seem to have been caused by the version mix of apache, cclient
and php.  On one of my machines I just switched to cclient2002b for
another problem and it has stopped my sigfaults, at least temporarily:-)
but no garentees :-)

ed