[imp] Segfault in httpd when trying to access Imp.

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 13:06:32 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Michael P. Hilty <mikeh at jordanacoustical.com> wrote
>Hello all,
>     I am running into another issue on a different server...  Whenever a user
>logs into Horde, they get to their summary page fine.  However, whenever they
>try to click on the Mail link to take them into Imp, the client browser will
>show that the server cannot be found, and the server logs show that
>there was a
>segmentation fault.
>     On this enviornment, I am running SuSE 7.3 (SPARC edition), Apache
>1.3.23,
>PHP 4.2.3, UoW imap-2001a c-client, OpenLDAP, and MySQL.
>     Turba, Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag, Passwd, Vacation, and Forwards are running
>fine, Imp is the only application causing this issue.
>     Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

I have no solution to offer you but I see a similar problem in a very
specific set of circumstances - I wonder if it may be related.

I get such faults when connecting to one particular IMAP server and
attempting to view a mailbox sorted by thread. I could reproduce pretty
much exactly what you describe by setting my 'View or mailbox to display
after login' to a mailbox (rather than the 'Folder Navigator' for
example) and my 'Default sorting criteria' to 'Thread view'. If you have
those settings see if changing away from 'Thread view' will allow you to
open Imp. Of course, if you can't get to Imp, you'll have to get to the
options page by entering the URL manually, or possibly change the
default value in config/prefs.php

When I've brought this up in the past I've been told it's an issue that
needs raising with the c-client developers. It's notable that the IMAP
server that I have these problems with does not have a "THREAD=" entry
in the result of the CAPABILITY command, yet Imp does never the less
offer me the option of a 'Thread view'.

--
Chris Hastie