[imp] Large Attachement

michael at eigentechnology.com michael at eigentechnology.com
Mon Feb 17 22:26:43 PST 2003

I wonder if the following info would help to decipher the problem.

When I attach a file in my mail, there are two files created in my /tmp
directory: formpost and impattq77QS3

[root at linux tmp]# ls -l
total 124
-rw-------    1 michael  michael     34052 Feb 17 22:21 formpost
-rw-r--r--    1 nobody   4294967295      183 Feb 17 22:16 horde.log
-rw-------    1 nobody   4294967295    55744 Feb 17 22:21 impattq77QS3

I tested this several times and learnt that impattq77QS3 is the file that will
be posted in the end, and this file is a lot bigger than the original file
test4.doc as shown here:

[root at linux tmp]# ls -l /home/michael/test4.doc
-rw-rw-r--    1 michael  michael     31744 Feb 17 15:50 /home/michael/test4.doc

After I have sent the mail out, another file in /tmp appeared, formpost-1 and
impattq77QS3 disappeared.

[root at linux tmp]#
[root at linux tmp]# ls -l
total 68