[imp] how to add domain name in the login window?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 17 11:14:36 PST 2003

Quoting Hammad <hammad at brisksolutions.com>:

> Eric, Your instructions are incorrect.

Are they?

Which versions are those?  As I wrote:

> | First, you need to know which version of Horde/IMP you are using.  If a new
> | enough version, you can just define a hook to do all this for you.

Now, since he didn't give a version, I stand by what I said.  In a new
enough version, he can use a hook.  In older versions, he can't as hooks
didn't exist in some versions (like Horde 1.x/IMP 2.x for example).

I admit my instructions are inprecise, and maybe even misleading, but not
per se incorrect.

And had someone else answered with a better answer, then I wouldn't have
bothered answering.

But, the real moral is: If you don't specify which version of the applications
you are running, you won't get a very good answer back.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!