[imp] Windows XP caches login credentials.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Feb 17 12:30:03 PST 2003

Quoting "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver at samera.com.py>:

> - Horde should force, (yes force) a security policy on its user. This
> statement refer only to this issue. Keep reading ...

I don't think this is exactly what you mean, but I *completely* disagree
with this statement. Having it configurable and giving admins this choice is
something else, but that is *not* what the above says.

> - IE and Mozilla default behavior is to save *all* user/password

There is a significant user/admin education issue here. If you're talking
about lab computers, for example, then you - the lab administrator - should
be disabling that feature. If you don't know about it, wow, are you going to
have more serious problems.

> I don't want to start another long discusion. But I think this issue is
> crucial, beacuse Horde is meant to be a Public Mail Client(as I see it),

You capitalized that, making it sound important and well defined. I'm aware
of no such official definition, and even if we were to agree on one, I think
a decent number of admins who use IMP would disagree with you. Trying to
force your conceptions on an entire user base this way is, imho, unacceptable.

Now, you didn't say we should make it this way, unconfigurable. So I'm not
entirely opposed to making it a config option. But the language you are
using is extremely inflexible, and I am *very* opposed to how you are
phrasing things.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>