[imp] smtp

Ian Firla ian at deepsky.com
Tue Feb 18 11:35:30 PST 2003

Dear All,

I'm running imp3 on linux (debian).

I would like to reconfigure imp to talk to an smtp other than localhost.

I've edited the smtphost line in /etc/imp3/servers.conf

and also set the host variable:

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => '');

in /etc/horde2/horde.php

However, when I send mail via imp, it's still being sent to the MDA on
localhost. I need it to talk to another interface though so that outgoing
messages are filtered by an antivirus dameon I have listening on that
interface.

Is there anything else I need to change?

Many thanks in advance,

Ian

Dr Ian Firla
Robert Graves Trust		| "A partial count of the software available
St John's College, Oxford       | in just one noncommerical Linux system
OX1 3JP - +44-(0)7855-310565	| would have cost about $1.9 billion to develop
http://www.robertgraves.org	| ... the way Microsoft does it" Bruce Perens