[imp] smtp

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 18 11:17:44 PST 2003

Quoting Ian Firla <ian at deepsky.com>:

> I would like to reconfigure imp to talk to an smtp other than localhost.

Should be well commented in the servers.php and horde.php files.  See also
the admin faq at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/

> I've edited the smtphost line in /etc/imp3/servers.conf

That should override what is in horde.php...

> and also set the host variable:
>
> $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => '');
>
> in /etc/horde2/horde.php

Don't do that!  Either define it to a host name, or don't define it ;)
Here is the scope on what you want to do here:

// What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
// currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

// An array holding any parameters that the Mail object will need to
// function correctly. For sendmail, this is mainly the sendmail_path
// option; SMTP requires at least a server and a port (if nonstandard).
// SMTP authentication can be enabled by setting the 'auth' parameter
// to true.
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'smtp.example.com');

Of course change smtp.example.com to your smtp hostname.

> Is there anything else I need to change?

Since you didn't post most of your changes, we really can't say more than
the above.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics