[imp] smtp

Ian Firla ian at deepsky.com
Tue Feb 18 12:32:18 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Ian Firla <ian at deepsky.com>:
>
> > I would like to reconfigure imp to talk to an smtp other than localhost.
>
> Should be well commented in the servers.php and horde.php files.  See also
> the admin faq at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/
>
> > I've edited the smtphost line in /etc/imp3/servers.conf
>
> That should override what is in horde.php...
>
> > and also set the host variable:
> >
> > $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => '');
> >
> > in /etc/horde2/horde.php
>
> Don't do that!  Either define it to a host name, or don't define it ;)
> Here is the scope on what you want to do here:

Erm, yes, sorry. I left the variable out in posting. In fact, it is set to

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => '192.168.0.2');

That's the ip for the interface that I've got my antivirus daemon
listening on. It then scans the messages and passes them on to the MTA (in
this case, exim).

> // What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
> // currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
> $conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

Thanks. I'd missed this. My bad. I'm sorry. It works a treat now!

Ian